Mayor & Township Committee
Montague Township operates under a "Township" form of government, consisting of 5 members of a Township Committee, elected at-large for staggered 3-year terms. Elections are held annually. The Township Committee members also act as liaisons to the various departments of the municipal government. The Mayor is appointed to a 1-year term by the Committee Members at the Reorganization Meeting, which is held in January each year. The Mayor, in addition to voting as a member of the Township Committee, presides over the meetings of the committee and carries out ceremonial duties.
Township Committee Meetings are open to the public and are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 PM. Committee Meetings are held in the Township Meeting Room of the Municipal Building, located at 277 Clove Road, Montague, NJ 07827.
- Mayor - George Zitone email@example.com (term expires 12/31/23)
- Deputy Mayor - Jim LeDonne firstname.lastname@example.org (term expires 12/31/23)
- Committee Member - Richard Innella email@example.com (term expires 12/31/25)
- Committee Member - Joseph Krumpfer firstname.lastname@example.org (term expires 12/31/24)
- Committee Member - Fred Merusi email@example.com (term expires 12/31/23)